Sunday, March 19, 2006

doughnuts in the sky

so the other day i was taking a walk in my neighborhood and testing out my new ipod shuffle -- thanx to my techie pals: the ever-so-patient-and-kind ryan & mr. apple himself, dahveed! while walking toward davey elementary school i see the Good Year Blimp fly/float past me... then, when it was over the school it started doing doughnuts in the sky! seriously... the Good Year Blimp was doing doughnuts!!! i thought to myself, "nicole would love this." (if you didn't know, nicole used to do doughnuts in the parking lot of kent free library in my car... when i was in it! and would she ever crack up!!!)

the thing that was killing me most though was that all of these little elementary school kids were heading back into the building from recess and not a one of them noticed! i couldn't believe it!

the whole thing cracked me up... the blimp gettin' crazy and me going crazy because the kids missed the best show that the playground has seen in years! it has been a couple of days now and i'm still giggling...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would've loved to see that!! It's kind of an interesting metaphor, don't you think? All this stuff going on around us and we completely miss out on some amazing sights because we don't remember to look up.
Love ya shelbs.

3/20/2006 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha. that is silly. and i think it is even more silly that you are still giggling about it. i love that you find humor in such small things. that is refreshing.
ella is changing. it is wearing, but we are trying to work out a new routine for her together. we had a fun photo shoot the other day. you should check her out. i posted them on her webpage.
estee and wyatt are coming for a short visit. next monday-thursday. i cannot wait!
stop by if you can. love-franci

3/20/2006 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home